VPA DANCE AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
1. Students must wear appropriate dance attire to the auditi
2. Students must present their most recent report card and a transcript that offers a history of academic success. A requirement for admissions in the VPA is a 2.5 UNWEIGHTED grade point average.
3. Students must present two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers or other mentors in the art fiel These may be completed after the audition date, but must be submitted before a student will be accepted.
The audition will consist of participation in dance classes. Candidates will be asked to do assigned movement and choreography.
The candidate will earn one of the following scores, based on the criteria described below.
4 - Superior
3 - Above Average
2 - Average
1 - Below Standards
- Physical Characteristics (body alignment, strength, endurance, and flexibility)
- Coordination (moving two or more body parts at the same time and/or sequentially in a prescribed movement pattern)
- “Coachability” (ability to learn quickly with little or no repetition of instruction; ability to accept and apply corrections)
- Stage Presence
- Letters of Recommendation (2 letters, preferably from a dance instructor and an academic teacher)
- All materials should be submitted to Rebecca Abrahamson, VPA Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Melissa Lodhi at: Melissa.email@example.com, or call Judy Piercy at (941)355-2967, ext. 65215.