DIGITAL FILM & MOTION DESIGN AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE for the VPA Digital Film & Motion Design Program will possess skills in visual art areas such as composition and design, writing compositional strength, along with technical aptitude for computers, recording equipment and cameras.
Candidates must bring the following items to the audition:
1. A portfolio of TEN PIECES of digital art; this should be presented on a CD labeled with the candidate’s name and contact information.
2. An artist statement – this is a brief statement that explains and contextualizes the body of your work (what artistic subjects/styles interest you and how you believe art functions as a force in society). This statement should be roughly 100 words.
3. A statement of intent – this is a brief statement that describes why you believe you are an ideal candidate for the Digital Film & Motion Design program.
4. Two letters of recommendation. These may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The most recent report card and transcript that demonstrates a history of academic success. A requirement for admissions in the VPA is a 2.5 UNWEIGHTED grade point average.
The Audition Process:
On the date of the audition, the candidate should expect the following:
- Digital Film & Motion Design faculty will interview the candidate to determine the candidate’s artistic and technical experience, goals, and interest in the areas that Digital Film & Motion Design encompasses; portfolio review
- Review of written materials, including candidate’s writing, grade reports and recommendation letters
Audition Rubric for Digital Film & Motion Design
The candidate will earn one of the following scores, based on the criteria described below.
4 - Exceptional
3 - Competent
2 - Needs Development
1 - Below Standards
- Breadth - uses or attempts a variety of media and/or techniques
- Craftsmanship - presentation of artwork that shows thoughtfulness, care and value in its construction
- Recommendation letters
- Academic promise (must have an unweighted GPA of 2.5 or higher)
For more information, please contact Lori Burton at: lori.burton@sarasotacountyschools